From US$ 1,107 ppBook Now
What you’ll get
Duration : 3 days 2 nights
Departure : Ho Chi Minh City
Suitable : Family, Friends, All of people
Type : Cruise tour
Product Code : T30GEK05
Saigon - Phnom Penh 4 days is an exclusive tour for those who want to have more time to discover Cambodia and Mekong Vietnam. Join our trip, you will have chance to watch the fantastic scenery and the daily life of the Mekong people, see the busy and colorful local markets, and visit the famous temples of Angkor Wat, Cambodia. Let's book and join us!
- Meet the friendly locals and taste the local produce and fruits
- Visit the island Cu Lao Gieng island and the Catholic monastery- an architectural impressive monastery
- Take part in an excursion to a cham village and discover Cambodia and the famous temples of Angkor Wat
Flexible Price - Best Price Guaranteed
|OPTION TYPE||MAX||RATES||PRICE DETAIL||TOTAL|
Size : 14 m2 Max Adults: 2
Bed size: 1 double bed or 2 twin beds
Double or twin cabin (2 nights on board + 1 night at Victoria Hotel in Chau Doc). French balcony, panorama lounge (convertable to a second bedroom)
Choose date to show price
Recommend for you
Total Option Price
Ends in : 05:23:35 hours
Easy & fast checkout
24/7 customer support
This option is fully booked, please change your date or contact us for more details.
- 3 Breakfasts, 3 Lunches, 2 Dinner
- A/C private transfer, Cruise
- Cruise Cabin, Hotel
- Price Includes
- All entry fees
- English speaking guide
- Road transfer from Saigon
- 7 savoury meals on board
- Mineral water placed in your cabin
- Speedboat from Chau Doc to Phnom Penh
- Accommodation in cosy double or twin bedded cabins
- Side trips and excursions as mentioned in the itinerary
- Hotel accommodation incl. breakfast (Victoria Chau Doc Hotel, superior room)
- Price Excludes
- Tips and personal expenses
- Visa fee for Cambodia (you can get a visa for Cambodia at the border crossing where the speed boat stops for immigration; for this you need to bring 35 USD and a passport scan)
- Cancellation by Customer
For almost of our tours, once tour is confirmed and fully paid but for one reason they cancel the tour, the following charges will apply in the event of cancellation prior to tour commencement:
- More than 30 days before arrival: No charge
- 15-30 days before arrival: 10% of total tour price.
- 7-15 days before arrival: 50% of total tour price.
- 4-7 days before arrival: 75% of total tour price.
- Within 3 days before arrival: 100% tour price.
- There will be no refund given for any unused or missed ground arrangements, sightseeing, meals or hotel accommodations.
- For no show cases, there will be no refund.
- All cancellations must be in person or in writing and received by us
- Cancellation by Weather
In case of an unexpected situation/ bad weather causes an effect on your trip after commencement, we serve the right to change the itinerary of your booked tour for the safety of all clients in the group. If there are more than one solution, we will ask for your permission and agreement to do the next step. In such kind of cancellation, the refund of any payment on the un-used portion of transportation service, hotel service, car rental or tours will be given.
- Children Policy
- Under 4 years: Free of Charge.
- From 4 to 8 years old: 50% of adult’s fare and sharing bed with parents.
- From 9 to 11 years old: 75% of adult’s fare and using existing bed.
- Students with ID student card: 95% of adult’s fare and using existing bed.
- Over 11 years old: 100% of adult’s fare and using existing bed.
- Day 1: Panorama River Cruise
In the morning we pick you up at your hotel in Saigon by shuttle bus and then take you to Can Tho or Cai Be. You board your wooden river cruise vessel around noon. After a refreshing welcome drink we show you our on-board facilities and your cozy cabin. As lunch is served, the boat starts cruising. Sit back and watch the fantastic scenery and the daily life of the Mekong people.
In the afternoon you can disembark for a guided leisurely stroll through a village and the surrounding fruit orchards or rice fields. Meet the friendly locals and taste the local produce and fruits.
Get back on board and enjoy a drink at the bar or relax on deck as the sun sets over the magnificent water landscape of the Mekong River. The boat will anchor for the night. The day ends with a delicious on-board dinner. You stay overnight on board your floating hotel in the Mekong Delta.
Meals: L, D
Accommodation: Gecko Eyes Cruise
- Day 2: Life on the water and visiting the island Cu Lao Gieng
Wake up early in the morning and enjoy seeing the Mekong Delta coming to life. This morning we arrive in charming Sa Dec for a city tour. There you can see the busy and colorful local market, enjoy a coffee on the nice riverside promenade and visit a nearby flower village with orchards. The charming town still has a lot of colonial architecture, in particular the old market, the church and many old villas and trader’s houses. We visit one of them, a beautifully renovated traditional house of a Chinese trader’s family. This sumptuous building belonged to the main character of the novel „The Lover” and indeed to the lover of Marguerite Duras.
Back on board, we curise towards the Island of Cu Lao Gieng. Located between Chau Doc and Sa Dec on the small island of Cu Lao Gieng, the monastery here was once an important convent. It could accommodate more than 1,000 people and included an orphanage, a school, a hospice and a leprosy centre. Today, Cu Lao Gieng is mainly a retreat for retired nuns.
The large building is completely cut off from villages and located in the middle of fields and green jungle. You will be very surprised to see such an architectural impressive monastery in the middle of nowhere. If you have time you should take the opportunity to visit the Catholic monastery which was built on the island in 1875 by French nuns of Saint Paul de Chartres.
In the late afternoon we return to the Gecko Eyes vessel and enjoy a sunset cruise with more fantastic photo opportunities from aboard.
Meals: B, L, D
Accommodation: Gecko Eyes Cruise
- Day 3: Cruise to Chau Doc
The boat starts cruising towards Chau Doc early in the morning. After breakfast on the top deck, you can visit a floating fish farm and take part in an excursion to a cham village.
The Mekong river cruise ends after a delicious lunch on board. You will be transferred to your hotel and you can relax or explore for the rest of the day.
Meals: B, L
- Day 4: Across the border into Cambodia
We transfer to the pier where you embark the speed boat for an exciting ride to Phnom Penh, your starting point for discovering Cambodia and the famous temples of Angkor Wat.
The trip ends here. Please contact us if we can help you organize your tour to Angkor or any further trips. Of course we will also be happy to arrange your transfer back to Saigon.
- Route and excursions may be subjects to changes without prior notice
Questions & Answers
9.3Based on 5 reviews
Value for money9.0
25 Jan 2019
03 Aug 2018
I went to the Mekong River cruise! ! It was satisfying though it was around 10 minutes. The ship will overthrow at first, is not it? There was also anxiety, but there was skill of the rowers, so I was not worried at all. (Laugh) I can feel unusual as I run around in the jungle. Also, please do not miss the heat measures in the summer.
16 Jul 2018
24 May 2018
This was one of the best travel experiences I had. There's no way to see the small villages, the local people without being on the Mekong and stopping to see these things. First class all the way. They think of everything.
06 Jan 2016
Boat full of charm, this old barge which transported rice was pleasantly and soberly arranged. Whether you are on the front deck or at the back, you can be surprised by the huge traffic on the river and seduced by the scenes taking place on the banks. The food is good, the staff attentive, the French speaking guide nice. The walk in the rice fields is nice and the passage to the locals friendly. Try to have one of the 2 cabins on the upper deck, it will be more comfortable. Admittedly, the space is small, but you can slip the luggage under the bed.