What you’ll get
Duration : 1 day
Departure : Ho Chi Minh City
Suitable : Family, Friends, Honey moon couple
Type : Land tour
Product Code : T88TNK05
For those who want to see the Cai Be floating market within one day, this trip is the perfect choice for you. A small group tour (max 16 people) early departure in the morning will give visitors chances to visit the Cai Be floating market in the morning, enjoy boat rides through small canals, experience cooking local dishes and biking around the village to learn about local culture.
- Find out the life of the local people there
- Join cooking class and biking around the village
- Have chance to visit floating market in Mekong river
Flexible Price - Best Price Guaranteed
Size : N/A
Bed size: N/A
Visit floating market, orcard and fruit platation, enjpy southern vietnamese folk music.
Cycling around Tan Phong island
Choose date to show price
Recommend for you
Total Option Price
Size : N/A
Bed size: N/A
Price for private tour, from 2 - 15 pax
Total Option Price
- 1 Lunch
- Shuttle bus, Cruise
- Price Includes
- Mineral water
- All entrance fees
- English speaking guide
- Boat trips in the Mekong delta
- A/c van/bus sightseeing as per program
- Lunch as indicated in the program
- Pick up and transfer (centrally located hotel in Dist1 , HCMC)
- Price Excludes
- Travel insurance
- Personal costs & tips
- Other meals not mentioned in the program
- Cancellation by Customer
For almost of our tours, once tour is confirmed and fully paid but for one reason they cancel the tour, the following charges will apply in the event of cancellation prior to tour commencement:
- More than 45 days prior to trip departure: No charge (Full refund will be made but transaction fee will be paid by you).
- 30-45 days before arrival: 10% of total tour price.
- 15-29 days before arrival: 50% of total tour price.
- 7-14 days before arrival: 75% of total tour price.
- Within 7 days before arrival: 100% tour price.
- The above fees are subject to an added bank transaction fee.
- There will be no refund given for any unused or missed ground arrangements, sightseeing, meals or hotel accommodations.
- For no show cases, there will be no refund.
- All cancellations must be in person or in writing and received by us
- Cancellation by Weather
In case of an unexpected situation/ bad weather causes an effect on your trip after commencement, we serve the right to change the itinerary of your booked tour for the safety of all clients in the group. If there are more than one solution, we will ask for your permission and agreement to do the next step. In such kind of cancellation, the refund of any payment on the un-used portion of transportation service, hotel service, car rental or tours will be given.
- Children Policy
- Under 4 years: Free of Charge.
- From 4 to 8 years old: 50% of adult’s fare and sharing bed with parents.
- From 9 to 11 years old: 75% of adult’s fare and using existing bed.
- Students with ID student card: 95% of adult’s fare and using existing bed.
- Over 11 years old: 100% of adult’s fare and using existing bed.
- Cai Be Floating Market
06.30 - 06.45 AM: Pick up and begin the trip to Cai Be by car/van. You will move through Trung Luong Expressway to the destination.
Upon arrival in Cai Be, have a boat ride to remaining site of a very renowned wholesale floating market on Tien River many years ago. This site entitles you to know something about the local trading habit that has changed due to the age of the modern society when more terrestrial transportation and high-technique of agriculture have dominated everywhere. There, you can realize how diverse the area is and how rich orchard gardens are, which makes it the basket of fruit in the lower part of the Mekong River.
Ramble in small villages where you will uncover the beauty of Ba Kiet ancient house and get to know about the indigenous culture. Make a short visit to a small family business where the locals are making coconut fudges and crispy rice popcorn. Savor delicious fresh fruit and feel slow rhythms of Southern Vietnamese folk music – a kind of music entwined with the life and culture of the Mekong Delta people.
Paddle through small canals – an exciting experience since you can look around, unwind and soak up the wonderful atmosphere of the Upper Mekong Delta. Additionally, after arrival in Tan Phong Island, let yourself immerse in the tranquility of nature.
At the lunchtime, you not only enjoy luscious food, but also get closer to the locals as it is a chance to learn how to prepare Vietnamese specialties. The meal is cooked by your own and served in the heart of the local garden.
Take a cycling trip along the village path through orchards. Meanwhile, have some short stops to meet local people who help you understand more about the daily life in the Mekong Delta.
Get back to the dock by sampan and then take the bus back to Ho Chi Minh City.
18:00 - 18:30 drop-off at hotel in Ho Chi Minh city. End the trip.
If your hotel is located on some streets such as Ly Tu Trong, Le Thanh Ton, Truong Dinh, Nguyen An Ninh, Phan Chu Trinh, Luu Van Lang, Le Anh Xuan, Đong Khoi, Nguyen Hue, Thi Sach, Thu Khoa Huan, Thai Van Lung, Mac Thi Buoi, Ho Huan Nghiep, Nguyen Thai Binh, Le Thi Hong Gam, Bui Thi Xuan, Suong Nguyet Anh and Ky Con: We can offer free pickup or drop off at the hotel (we will reconfirm pickup possibility and pickup after the booking is made). Other places: come to the meeting point (220 De Tham, district 1) for pickup at 6:30am.
Questions & Answers
8.9Based on 45 reviews
Value for money8.9
15 Apr 2019
01 Apr 2019
The floating market does not have many sellers. The people actually live and work on the boat. Kayaking and biking were good experiences. The lunch was good. We didn't get to go to the fruit plantations, but we can see the fruits trees when we biked through the village.
Heng Tak Alvin
24 Mar 2019
Friendly and approachable tour guide who show the unique side of Ho Chi Minh City and able to share more of the tour. However, the floating market is rather small and very touristy. But it was a commendable effort and good sights to the local lifestyle. Thumbs up and recommended.
05 Mar 2019
05 Mar 2019
The day trip is very fulfilling, the team leader is very caring and always takes care of every visitor. I want to know the local life in Vietnam, including the floating market, coconut sugar making, rice making, riding ankle, and canoe.